From a previous post...
As soon as their is a belief in an idea... a thought, image, identity, perspective, view, framework... there is automatically a shadow. I want this to be true, not that. I want to be identified with this, not that.More specifically...
My mind closes down, not interested in, or willing or able to, see the grain of truth in the other perspectives, or the limits to the truth and validity of my own. And my heart closes down, seeing them as Other, not able to recognize myself in them, not able to find our shared humanity, not seeing how we are in the same boat.
- The mind closes (as above) and may appear irrational to detached observers
- The heart closes (as above)
- The emotions are reactive, overly sensitive, on guard, and easily in turmoil
- The body is tense, rigid, armor, breath is often shallow
- Behavior is more immature, reactive, irrational
- Psychologically, there is a sense of separation, alienation, an identity to defend, precariousness, denial.