What are some common transition experiences during awakening?
Here are some I have noticed for myself, and also heard from others:
- A sense of no separation between "I" here and the rest of the world out there
- A sense of oneness with all of Existence. I am here, yet one with all.
- A sense of the world of form as a seamless whole, with no separation between this human individual and the wider world
- Noticing synchronicities - the outer world mirroring the inner, as if one seamless field.
- A sense of "I" as awakeness, as witness, pure awareness, pure seeing.
- A sense of awakeness out there, in the wider world... in plants, trees, objects, the universe. it all seems mysteriously and inherently awake somehow.
- A sense of awareness itself as a void, as empty, insubstantial.
- A sense of all forms being insubstantial, transparent. Almost like a dream.
- The sense of a separate I weakens, becomes more transparent. There is just what is, content of experience staying much the same, yet with an absence of a separate I. And this becomes gradually more clear.
If what we are is awake emptiness and form, inherently absent of a separate I, then that is what comes through, in different ways, during the awakening process. We may take ourselves as an object in the world, but what we really are breaks through... as an intuition, a sense, a glimpse.
It is Big Mind gradually becoming more familiar with itself, as it already and always is. Only temporarily filtered through taking itself as an object within form.